Last updated: 07/30/2022
Discover XVA Café, a cute restaurant tucked away in Dubai's historic Al Fahidi district, serving delicious vegetarian dishes.
THE XVA COFFEE
XVA Café is an award-winning restaurant serving vegetarian dishes prepared with fresh, locally grown ingredients. It is located in the Al Fahidi Historic District (also known as Bastakiya), in the so-called “Old Dubai”. The restaurant is part of a complex that includes the XVA Art Hotel of 15 rooms. THE xva store offers local handicrafts, handcrafted bags and jewelry. Guests can enjoy the work of various international artists at XVA Gallery, an art gallery specializing in contemporary art.
O XVA Coffee is located outdoors, in the central courtyard of the complex and in addition to serving delicious vegetarian dishes inspired by Middle Eastern cuisine, it also offers a variety of fresh fruit juices and light drinks. As it is kind of hidden in the Al Fahidi neighborhood, when it was founded it was called “the best kept secret in Dubai”, according to the official website.
XVA COFFEE MENU
The restaurant features a daily rotating menu of innovative vegetarian dishes from breakfast to dinner. The options are usually displayed on a blackboard in the corner of the patio, in addition to being displayed on a menu that can be viewed on the internet through a QR Code (this here is the menu when we visit the place). Among some of the highlights are hummus made with fava beans or roasted carrots, eggplant burgers and mojardara (rice topped with lentils, sautéed vegetables and yogurt), the cheesecake and the mint lemonade.
OUR EXPERIENCE AT XVA COFFEE
We booked a day in the Dubai itinerary to visit Old Dubai, the ancient region where the city emerged as a fishing village and remained so until the 1950s. Initially, we strolled through the delightful alleys of the Al Fahidi Historic District, in Bur Dubai.
Finally, at lunchtime, we stop to relax and have a delicious meal at the XVA Café. The restaurant's patio is a delight, outdoors, but not too hot because it's quite wooded, leaving the atmosphere cool.
We ordered some very cold water and, to start, a Mezza Platter, which came with hummus (chickpea spread), mutable (eggplant and tahini spread) and tabbouleh (refreshing salad) and bread rolls.
In addition, we also ask for a Avocado Wrap (avocado wrap, hummus, spinach, grilled veggies - tip: if you're vegan, ask for no cheese) and served with sweet potato fries and also a Find Eggplant & Potato (like a pickled eggplant with potato), served with paratha (Indian flatbread).
I confess that if I hadn't researched the place before, it would be difficult to find it since it is well hidden. Fortunately, we managed to combine delicious food with nothing of animal origin with a super delicious atmosphere!
- Address: Al Fahidi Bastakiya, Bur Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Schedules: daily from 7 am to 10 pm
Save these tips to Pinterest!
Read more about Dubai:
SCRIPT AND TIPS
- United Arab Emirates: What to do in Dubai – Itinerary 2, 3, 4+ days
- United Arab Emirates: How to get from Dubai Airport to the center
- What you need to know before traveling to Dubai
- Dubai: How to visit the Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world
- Ain Dubai: The biggest and tallest Ferris wheel in the world
- Dubai Frame: Visiting the biggest frame in the world
- The View At The Palm: Beautiful Views of Palm Jumeirah in Dubai
- Dubai Miracle Garden: Largest natural flower garden in the world
- Palm Jumeirah: Attractions on the artificial island of Dubai
- Old Dubai: A tour of the traditional areas of the city
- Dubai Desert Safari with Dinner and Typical Dancing
- Madinat Jumeirah: Amazing Arab Village in Dubai
- United Arab Emirates: 8 souks in Dubai for shopping
- See Dubai from above: 5 attractions and 30 rooftops
- Rove Downtown: Amazing hotel near the Burj Khalifa in Dubai
- TIME Asma: Hotel near Mall of Emirates in Dubai
- Why we DO NOT recommend the ibis Styles Dubai Airport Hotel
- 30 hotels in Dubai overlooking the Burj Khalifa
- Soul Santé Café: Vegan Restaurant in Dubai
- Bebabel: Restaurant overlooking Dubai Fountain and Burj Khalifa
- Common Grounds: Restaurant chain in Dubai
- Carluccio's Dubai Mall: Italian Food and Dancing Fountains
- Dubai: XVA Café in the historic district of Al Fahidi
- Dubai: Ronda Locatelli – Italian Food at Atlantis, The Palm