Last updated: 08/04/2020
See how to see beautiful Sydney from above at the Sydney Tower Observatory, which offers panoramic views of the city and its surroundings. Combine the tour with a delicious meal in the revolving restaurant.
THE SYDNEY TOWER
Completed in 1981, the Sydney Tower is a 309 meter tall tower in the center of Sydney. It is the tallest building in the city and the second tallest in the southern hemisphere. For this reason, it can be seen from several different points of the city.
View this post on Instagram
In fact, it is 279 meters long, but it has grown to 309 meters with the addition of an antenna. In 2009, the base building was closed for a major renovation. This involved connecting the shopping center to all areas, including access to the tower. The shopping center reopened in 2010 and was renamed Westfield Sydney. There are 4 floors of the tower that are open to the public, 3 of which are occupied by restaurants. On several occasions, the tower is used to launch fireworks or is illuminated with colored lights, as part of various celebrations in Sydney, such as New Year's.
HOW IS THE SYDNEY TOWER TOUR
Arriving at the Sydney Tower area, there is a ticket office. If you already have your ticket purchased online, follow the signs on the left to take the elevator. It climbs to the top in just 45 seconds. Heading towards the observatory, there is a small informative and visual exhibit about the tower and the city of Sydney. Keep going until you reach a place where a queue forms. You have to wait to be able to enter Cinema 4D. Opened in 2011, this cinema screens a film with footage from various locations in Sydney. Leaving the cinema, it's time to enjoy the beautiful views!
1. THE SYDNEY TOWER EYE OBSERVATORY
O observation deck, currently called the Sydney Tower Eye, is located at the 4th floor from the tower. The Sydney Tower Eye is located 250 meters above ground level. It is formed by a fully enclosed viewing platform with 360º views of the city and surrounding areas. Additionally, on this floor is a small gift shop, interactive totems in multiple languages, and information on wind speed, direction, sway amplitude, and other tower statistics.
- Standard Ticket: A$28 – buy online in this link and avoid queues
Amazing views of Sydney:
In 2005, a new attraction opened at the Sydney Tower, the SKYWALK. It is a glass floor platform that is located around the tower at a height of 268 meters. This platform is only accessible as part of planned and booked tours. Also, you have to pay an additional fee to take this tour. For more information, go directly to official site from the tower.
3. SYDNEY TOWER EYE RESTAURANTS
- 360 Bar and Dining: revolving restaurant offering views of the Sydney skyline and cocktail bar located on the 1 ° floor of the tower | restaurant open daily from 12:00 to 16:00 and from 17:30 to 23:00 / bar open daily from noon | A la carte Lunch or Dinner (3 courses) by A$60 – buy online in this link
- Sydney Tower Buffet: a self service restaurant contemporary that is in 2nd floor of the tower | open daily from 11:30 am to 3:30 pm and from 5 pm to 10:30 pm | Lunch or Dinner at the buffet by A$60 – buy online in this link
- STUDIO: located in 3rd floor, is a space for events, get-togethers and weddings, which can accommodate up to 200 people
BOOK NOW your hotel and save up to 50%. Travelers readers are with a SUPER DISCOUNT! And the best, with FREE CANCELLATION*!
*check the hotels with free cancellation on the website
TICKETS AND EXCURSIONS AT THE SYDNEY TOWER EYE
HOW TO REACH SYDNEY TOWER EYE
The Sydney Tower Eye is super well located in the city center on the 5th floor of the shopping center Westfield Sydney, on the corner of Pitt St and Market St. The nearest train station is St James which is next to Hyde Park and is served by the lines T2, T3, T4 and T8.
- Address: Level 5, Westfield Sydney, 100 Market St, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
- Schedules: daily from 9 am to 8 pm (between early July and early September until 9 pm)
- Entrance:Standard Ticket: A$28 – buy online in this link and avoid queues
- Lunch or Dinner at the buffet restaurant: A$60 – buy online in this link
- Lunch or Dinner a la carte (3 courses) at the revolving restaurant 360 Bar & Dining: A$60 – buy online in this link
- Combined attraction ticket (choose up to 4 from Sydney Aquarium, Wild Life Sydney, Sydney Tower Eye, Manly Sea Life and Madame Tussauds): A$50 – buy online in this link
Save this tip on Pinterest!
Read more about Australia:
- Step-by-step guide to getting a tourist visa for Australia
- Australia: What to do in Sydney – 5 or 6 days itinerary
- Visiting the Sydney Opera House: tours and information
- Sydney Airport: Terminals and Getting to the City Center
- New South Wales Art Gallery: the most important in Sydney
- Australia: 10 places to eat in Sydney (with map!)
- Blue Mountains and Scenic World attractions from Sydney
- Accommodation in Sydney: Marriott Hotel at Circular Quay
- Australia: The 10 best beaches in Sydney
- Bodhi Restaurant: Delicious Vegan Asian Food in Sydney
- Australia: The iconic Sydney Harbor Bridge