Last updated: 09/22/2023
Discover Osteria Du, an Italian restaurant in Toronto, Canada, with tasty dishes prepared without any ingredients of animal origin.
Located in the Fashion District neighborhood, Osteria Du is a restaurant that serves renowned Italian dishes in a vegan version, that is, without any ingredients of animal origin (meat, eggs, dairy products). Thinking about also serving customers with food restrictions or allergies, the restaurant also offers gluten-free options and never uses peanuts in any of its dishes. The restaurant also offers a pizza delivery service, known as Pizzeria Du and a Gelato Bar opposite, with different flavors of ice cream.
The menu includes starters, pasta, salads and pizzas. In addition to the a la carte options, there is an option to try a little of everything at a fixed price that includes a starter, pizza, pasta and dessert.
OUR EXPERIENCE AT OSTERIA DU
We went to Osteria Du for dinner on Paulo's birthday eve. He received a glass of sparkling wine as a toast and we ordered one for me too so we could celebrate the date. We started by ordering two starters: the Fritto Funghi, which was a dish prepared with breaded and fried mushrooms, chilli pepper and served with pesto sauce; and also a salad Caesar Deluxe, prepared with romaine lettuce and kale, croutons, sun-dried tomatoes, onion, almond parmesan cheese and Caesar-style dressing.
For main dishes, I really wanted to eat pizza and ordered one of the classic pizzas on the menu, the Mediterranean Pizza, prepared with tomato sauce, artichoke hearts, smoked garlic, cashew mozzarella, basil, balsamic sauce, almond parmesan.
Paulo was delighted with the Eggplant Parmigiana, an eggplant parmigiana made with cashew mozzarella cheese, smoked peppers, tomato sauce, vegan parmesan cheese, basil and roasted cherry tomatoes.
To complete our delicious dinner, we ordered a dessert to share. Our choice was brownie sundae, a locally made ice cream, with brownie, toasted hazelnuts and chocolate sauce! It was delicious and really capped off our night.
We liked everything about the restaurant: the atmosphere, the service, the kindness in giving Paulo a glass of sparkling wine and, of course, the food, which was very tasty!
- Address: 536 Queen St W, Toronto, ON M5V 2B5, Canada
- Schedules: from Wednesday to Friday from 5pm to 10pm | Saturday from 12pm to 10pm | Sunday from 12pm to 9:30pm | closed on Mondays and Tuesdays
Save this tip on Pinterest!
Read more about Canada:
- Canada: How to get from Toronto Airport to downtown
- Accommodation in Toronto: One King West Hotel & Residence
- Toronto: Amazing Vegan Food at Hawker Restaurant
- PLANT: Vegan restaurant chain in Toronto
- Cafe Landwer: Restaurant chain in Toronto
- Osteria Du: 1st vegan Italian restaurant in Toronto
- Casa Loma: Complete guide to Toronto's castle in Canada
- Canada: How to visit the CN Tower in Toronto
- Canada: Accommodation at Embassy Suites Niagara Falls
- Skylon Tower: Panoramic Views at Niagara Falls
- Journey Behind the Falls: Incredible Views of Niagara Falls