Discover Mammoth Brewing Company, a famous brewery in the friendly town of Mammoth Lakes, California, surrounded by forests and mountain ranges.
A MAMMOTH BREWING COMPANY
Founded in 1995, Mammoth Brewing Company is a brewery located in the town of Mammoth Lakes, in Mono County, a mountainous area more than 2,400 meters above sea level. Producing more than 8,000 barrels of beer per year, Mammoth Brewing houses a brewery, tasting room, beer garden and shop in the same space.
Besides beer, nothing better than good food to go with it, right? O Eatery by Bleu is located in the tasting room, providing beer-focused food from chef Brandon Brocia. The menu has options for starters (fries, onion rings, sweet potatoes and options with meat), salads, tacos, flatbread pizzas, sandwiches and hot dishes. The food menu can be seen here and beer options are available in this link. Well-behaved dogs are welcome in the beer garden, an outdoor area with large tables, often shared, super nice in summer and with views of the surrounding mountains.
OUR EXPERIENCE AT MAMMOTH BREWING COMPANY
We were looking for a place where we could be with our dog Luna, who kept us company on this trip, pairing good beers (at Paulo's request) with food compatible with our vegan lifestyle. Definitely, Mammoth Brewing Company is not a vegan restaurant, as most of the dishes have ingredients of animal origin. However, by combing through restaurant menus, we almost always find options that are right for us. And, of course, at Mammoth Brewing Company it was no different. After a long wait in line to get a seat at the beer garden, we consulted the menu by QR Code, ordered and waited for our dinner.
Our order was exactly the same: Damn Good Veggie Burger (vegetable hamburger disc, smoked cheese, spicy mayonnaise, arugula and kale cabbage) accompanied by Just Fries (French fries cut in waffle shape). The original sandwich is not vegan because, despite having a vegetable burger, it has cheese and mayonnaise of animal origin. Therefore, it is necessary to make it clear at the time of ordering that these items are to be removed from the burger. Our dinner was delicious and, of course, Paulo made a point of accompanying it with a cold beer. Luna behaved like a lady while we ate and admired the beautiful view in the late afternoon/early evening of Mammoth Lakes.
- Address: 18 Lake Mary Rd, Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546
- Schedules: Mammoth Brewing Co.: Sunday to Thursday 10:00 am to 9:30 pm | Saturday from 10 am to 10 pm | The EATery: daily from 11:30 am to 9:00 pm
Save these tips to Pinterest!
Read more about California:
- The amazing Yosemite Park in California
- California: Death Valley, the Valley of Death
- California: Sequoia National Park, the park of the giant sequoias
- Crystal Cave: Marble Cave at Sequoia Park in California
- California: Kings Canyon Park and the Deepest Canyon in the USA
- Lassen Volcanic Park: The Volcano Park in California
- Big Basin Redwoods Park: California's Oldest Park
- Muir Woods: Redwood Forest Next to San Francisco
- Point Reyes: Beaches, Views and Nature North of San Francisco