Last updated: 12/15/2020
Are you going to spend a few days in Lisbon and want to visit several attractions? So, you need to check out the tip of the Lisbon Card, a card full of benefits for those who want to tour the Portuguese capital a lot!
WHAT IS THE LISBON CARD
The Lisboa Card is a card that offers free entry to several attractions in Lisbon, various discounts on shops, tours and attractions, as well as unlimited public transport. It is possible to buy the card in 3 versions: 24h, 48h or 72h, adapting your itinerary around the city to the advantages offered by the card. in this link, you will find the brochure that you will receive with purchasing the Lisboa Card. All card members can be found and you will know stores where you are entitled to a discount when you present the Lisboa Card, as well as information on how to get to the places, opening hours and many important tips to make your trip a success!
WHAT THE LISBON CARD INCLUDES
- Free entrance in 28 museums, monuments and other attractions.
- 10% to 50% discounts on places and services of tourist and cultural interest.
- 5% to 10% discounts in some genuinely Portuguese stores.
- Unlimited transport around Lisbon on trams, buses, subways and elevators.
- Transport by train from Lisbon to Sintra and Cascais.
Among the museums, monuments and other attractions are: Arco da Augusta, Jerónimos Monastery, Belém Tower, National Coach Museum, Santa Justa Elevator, Vasco da Gama Aquarium, Casa Fernando Pessoa, Castelo dos Mouros, etc. See the full list of attractions in this link.
HOW MUCH DOES THE LISBON CARD COST?
- 24 hours: €19 adults / €12 children (4 to 15 years old)
- 48 hours: €32 adults / €18 children (4 to 15 years old)
- 72 hours: €40 adults / €21 children (4 to 15 years old)
* values referring to June 2017
BOOK NOW your hotel and save more than 25%. Travelers readers are with a SUPER DISCOUNT! And the best, with FREE CANCELLATION*!
*check the hotels with free cancellation on the website
WHY IT IS WORTH PURCHASING THE LISBON CARD
Doing a simulation so you can understand why the card is advantageous. Let's say you decide to spend a day in the Belém region (Day 2 on our itinerary through Lisbon). Your expenses will be:
- Belém Tower + Jerónimos Monastery: €12 / free with Lisbon Card
- Discovery Monument: €4 / €3 with Lisbon Card
- Museu Nacional dos Coches + Picadeiro Real: €8 / free with Lisboa Card
- Ajuda National Museum: €5 / free with Lisbon Card
- Transport: varies between €6.15 and €10.15 (24-hour ticket)
In 24 hours, if you not buy the Lisbon Card, will pay until €39.15. If you get the Lisbon Card, will pay only €19. Even if you only go to Torre de Belém and Mosteiro dos Jerónimos and use public transport to get to these places, it is already worth getting the Lisboa Card because you can still enjoy discounts at stores selling products and other services.
HOW TO PURCHASE THE LISBON CARD
The Lisboa Card can be purchased by Internet or in person at one of the points of sale. If you buy online, you need to print the proof of purchase and exchange it for the card at one of the points of sale. Check the locations:
- Lisbon Airport (Tourist Information Desk in the Arrivals area): open from 7am to midnight
- Palácio Foz (Restauradores Square)
- Lisbon Welcome Center (Praça do Comércio): open from 9 am to 8 pm
- Santa Apolónia train station
We thank the visit Lisbon for having granted us the Lisboa Card to do our tours in the city. The Lisboa Card has been tested and approved by us!
Save these tips to Pinterest!
Read more about Lisbon:
- Lisbon accommodation tip: Brown's Downtown Hotel
- Portugal: What to do in Lisbon – 3 days itinerary
- How is the Azul flight between Viracopos and Lisbon
- Portugal: Guide to where to eat in Lisbon (with map!)
- Lisbon: Dinner with Fado performances at Adega Machado
- Portugal: The historic Jerónimos Monastery in Lisbon
- Portugal: How to visit São Jorge Castle in Lisbon
- Portugal: Visiting the Belém Tower in Lisbon
- Portugal: How to get from Lisbon Airport to the center
- Portugal: Discover the National Pantheon in Lisbon