Discover daTerra's network of vegan restaurants, with many units spread across Portugal offering tasty buffet-style food at good prices.
THE DATERRA RESTAURANT NETWORK
According to the official website, “daTerra is the first brand of vegan restaurants in Portugal”. The idea was to create an innovative concept to bring more and more people “healthy, practical and eco-responsible eating”.
The first unit of the daTerra restaurant chain was opened in 2017 in Matosinhos and quickly expanded through Porto, Vila Nova de Gaia, Viseu, Aveiro, Lisbon and the Algarve. Although each restaurant has its own layout, green, white and wood tones dominate the walls and decor. Currently, the network comprises 14 units, according to the interactive map below (data from early 2023).
daTerra is a chain of vegan restaurants that offer vegan buffet all you can eat at a fixed price for lunch from Monday to Friday (€9.50) and for dinner and weekend meals (€11.50). Drinks and desserts are not included in the price. There is a huge variety of vegetable-based dishes, as well as salads and soups.
Most of the ingredients used are organic, trying to incorporate not only flavor but also health into the dishes. There are also many gluten-free and sugar-free options. The official website publishes the weekly menu delicacies served in restaurants that may include dishes such as vegan Francesinha, seitan roll with wild mushrooms, broccoli lasagna, roasted vegetables, tofu with dried fruit, lentil dhal, pesto penne with broccoli and cherry tomatoes, teriyaki tofu with shiitake, potato gratin with leek, among others.
OTHER SERVICES AT DATERRA RESTAURANT
With the aim of serving tasty, healthy dishes and also promoting sustainable consumption, integrating the entire consumption chain, daTerra also develops a project to organic agriculture for the cultivation of its own products and has a partnership with Quinta S. José dos Montes. beyond the traditional lunch and dinner buffet, daTerrra also offers a catering for people and companies, take out, vegan pastry (plenty of choices of sweets and vegetable desserts 100%). Some units also serve breakfast/brunch. See some of the options on Virtual store from daTerra. Additionally, some of the units have the kitchen school, which makes available variety of vegetable cooking courses periodically.
OUR EXPERIENCE IN DATERRA RESTAURANTS
We've been to Foz do Douro unit, in Porto, and on unit of Parque das Nações, in Lisbon. Both were excellent experiences and we were amazed at the quality of the food versus the price charged at the all-you-can-eat buffet. The dishes are varied, colorful, tasty, full of texture, aromatic spices.
- Addresses and Hours:daTerra Matosinhos: Rua Afonso Cordeiro, 71, Matosinhos | Monday to Saturday from 12:00 to 15:00 and from 19:30 to 22:30, Sunday from 12:00 to 15:00
- from Terra Low: Rua Mouzinho da Silveira, 249, Porto | daily from 9am to 11pm
- daTerra Bom Sucesso Market: Bom Sucesso Square, Porto | from sunday to thursday from 12h to 23h, friday and saturday from 12h to midnight
- daTerra Viseu: Rua Padre António Freire, Lote 91, Fr. A, Viseu | Monday to Saturday from 12:00 to 23:00, Sunday from 12:00 to 15:00
- daTerra Campus São João: Shopping Campus São João, Rua Dr. Plácido da Costa, store 214 – A, Porto | daily from 10 am to 10 pm
- daTerra Riverside Market: Av. de Ramos Pinto 148, store 29, Vila Nova de Gaia | May to September Sunday to Wednesday 10am to midnight and Thursday to Saturday 10am to 2am; from october to april from sunday to wednesday from 10 am to 11 pm and thursday to saturday from 10 am to midnight
- daTerra Foz do Douro: Rua das Sobreiras, 514, 4150 713, Porto | daily from 12:00 to 15:30 and from 19:30 to 23:00
- daTerra Arrábida Shopping: Arrábida Shopping, Pct. Henrique Moreira 244, Loja 274, 4400 346, Vila Nova de Gaia | daily from 10 am to 11 pm
- daTerra Aveiro: Street Mr. dos Aflitos nº56, 3800-260 Aveiro | Monday to Saturday from 12:00 to 15:00 and from 19:00 to 22:30; Sunday from 12:00 to 15:00
- daTerra NorteShopping: NorteShopping, store FM01 4460 – 841 Senhora da Hora, daily from 12pm to midnight
- daTerra Via Rapida Stop&Shop: R. Eng. Ferreira Dias 978, store 16,17A 4149-008 Porto, daily from 12:00 to 20:00
- daTerra Parque das Nações: Avenida D.João II, 25 A, 1990-079 Lisbon | Monday to Saturday from 12:00 to 15:30 and from 18:30 to 22:30; Sunday from 12:00 to 15:30
- daTerra Bairro Alto: Rua da Rosa 51, 1200-382 Lisbon | Monday to Saturday from 9 am to 11 pm and Sunday from 9 am to 4:30 pm
- daTerra Faro: Rua de Portugal 28, 8000-281 Faro | Tuesday to Friday from 12:00 to 15:00 and from 19:00 to 22:00; Saturday from 9am to 3pm; Sunday from 9am to 3pm; Monday from 12:00 to 15:00
Save these tips to Pinterest!
Read more about Portugal:
- Portugal: How to get from Porto Airport to the center
- Lisbon accommodation tip: Brown's Downtown Hotel
- Portugal: What to do in Lisbon – 3 days itinerary
- Portugal: Guide to where to eat in Lisbon (with map!)
- Lisbon: Dinner with Fado performances at Adega Machado
- Lisbon Card: Savings tip in the Portuguese capital
- Portugal: The historic Jerónimos Monastery in Lisbon
- Portugal: How to visit São Jorge Castle in Lisbon
- Portugal: Visiting the Belém Tower in Lisbon
- Portugal: How to get from Lisbon Airport to the center
- Portugal: Discover the National Pantheon in Lisbon